Sunday, September 8, 2013

Homemade Garlic Soup: An All-Natural Cure for Swollen Tonsils

My version of an all-natural garlic soup
It was quite unfortunate that my daughter met the weekend with a fever and a painful throat. I was hoping we were done with antibiotics for the rest of the year... So I thought of concocting my own garlic soup recipe after reading in naturalnews.com that garlic is an effective herbal cure to tonsillitis, the swelling of tonsils due to bacterial or viral infections. Garlic is said to be a powerful antibiotic, being able to kill a wide range of microbes such as bacteria, viruses, fungi and even parasites.

I am sharing my very simple recipe here after observing that it has quickly (almost immediately) and successfully relieved my daughter's sore throat.

Ingredients:
4 garlic heads
1 1/2 cups of olive oil
1 cup flour
1L water
Salt
Ground pepper
Spring onion
Fresh parsley

Directions:
1. Halve the garlic heads cross-wise using a knife then peel the skin.
2. Heat 1 cup of olive oil on a deep pan using low flame.
3. Once the oil is hot enough, put the garlic and cover the lid until the garlic becomes golden brown.
4. Turn off the flame.
5. Pour one cup of flour then mash and mix with the garlic. To make a rich mix, you may pour the remaining olive oil.
6. Once a smooth combination is made, heat the pan and fry for a while.
7. Slowly add 1L of water while stirring.
8. Season with salt and pepper until desired taste is achieved.
9. Add spring onion that's chopped into small pieces and parsley.
10. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment